23.5.11

Where in the world...?

I have been many places in the world.
My top 5 go like this:
1. Greece
2. Italy
3. Lake powell
4. Cancun
5. Aruba

(And my dear husband, Cabo was wonderful because it was with you, but the place itself doesn't compare.)

Once you travel to some place completely out of your comfort zone, it brings on a whole new level of excitement and adventure. And there's no stopping the yearning for more and more travel.
No stopping it.

I call it: Travelinertia.

Maybe it's unhealthy. Maybe it's useless. Maybe none of us will ever get to visit where we want.

I'm not saying I'm ungrateful for what I've got and the experiences I've had. No, not at all!!!

If only, if only....

Portofino, Italy.

Innsbruck, Austria.

Barcelona, Spain.

Paris, France.

The Great Barrier Reef, Australia.

Ireland.

Srilanka.

BACK TO GREECE.
Greece. I dream about it almost every night. I want to retire to a Greek island with the one I love and relax.
Greece is defined by it's laid back atmosphere and rounded colorful houses.

Santorini.


The main question is..
WHY travel?
Mark Twain said:
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”
I heard somewhere that "only from the outside can you look back in". Traveling not only helps an individual understand and respect other cultures, but it helps to understand ones OWN culture and values.
To Learn to have a world view. To have more self confidence and maturity.
The best things in life aren't things.
Experience is what makes us happy... Not materialistic possessions. Experiences create a connection between people. They make us feel alive and happy. Experiences not only make us more intelligent, but they make us more tolerable-- They make us wise.

Where will your dreams take you?

No comments:

Post a Comment